Preprints (rote Reihe) des Fachbereich Mathematik
- Englisch (50) (entfernen)
- On the distribution of the maximum of sums of dependent random variables (1999)
- The study of queuing theory brings us to the problems of finding to find the limit distribution of the maximal sum of a sequence of random variables and of estimating how close this distribution is to the distribution of the sum.
- Functions of bounded semivariation and countably additive vector measures (1997)
- In the Banach space co there exists a continuous function of bounded semivariation which does not correspond to a countably additive vector measure. This result is in contrast to the scalar case, and it has consequences for the characterization of scalar-type operators. Besides this negative result we introduce the notion of functions of unconditionally bounded variation which are exactly the generators of countably additive vector measures.
- An economic approach to discretization of nonstationary iterated Tikhonov method (2002)
- An adaptive discretization scheme of ill-posed problems is used for nonstationary iterated Tikhonov regularization. It is shown that for some classes of operator equations of the first kind the proposed algorithm is more efficient compared with standard methods.
- Presentation of power-ordered sets (2000)
- Power-ordered sets are not always lattices. In the case of distributive lattices we give a description by disjoint of chains. Finite power-ordered sets have a polarity. We introduct the leveled lattices and show examples with trivial tolerance. Finally we give a list of Hasse diagrams of power-ordered sets.
- Locally Maximal Clones II (1999)
- On the efficient discretization of integral equations of the third kind (1998)
- We propose a new discretization scheme for solving ill-posed integral equations of the third kind. Combining this scheme with Morozov's discrepancy principle for Landweber iteration we show that for some classes of equations in such method a number of arithmetic operations of smaller order than in collocation method is required to appoximately solve an equation with the same accuracy.
- Brakhage's implicit iteration method and Information Complexity of equations with operators having closed range (1999)
- An a posteriori stopping rule connected with monitoringthe norm of second residual is introduced forBrakhage's implicit nonstationary iteration method, applied to ill-posed problems involving linear operatorswith closed range. It is also shown that for someclasses of equations with such operators the algorithmconsisting in combination of Brakhage's method withsome new discretization scheme is order optimal in the sense of Information Complexity.
- Error estimates for band-limited spherical regularization wavelets in some inverse problems of satellite geodesy (1999)
- In this paper we discuss a special class of regularization methods for solving the satellite gravity gradiometry problem in a spherical framework based on band-limited spherical regularization wavelets. Considering such wavelets as a reesult of a combination of some regularization methods with Galerkin discretization based on the spherical harmonic system we obtain the error estimates of regularized solutions as well as the estimates for regularization parameters and parameters of band-limitation.