Preprints (rote Reihe) des Fachbereich Mathematik
- ja (54) (entfernen)
- An economic approach to discretization of nonstationary iterated Tikhonov method (2002)
- An adaptive discretization scheme of ill-posed problems is used for nonstationary iterated Tikhonov regularization. It is shown that for some classes of operator equations of the first kind the proposed algorithm is more efficient compared with standard methods.
- Applications of Number Theory to Ovoids and Translation Planes (1999)
- In this paper we show that for each prime p=7 there exists a translation plane of order p^2 of Mason-Ostrom type. These planes occur as 6-dimensional ovoids being projections of the 8-dimensional binary ovoids of Conway, Kleidman and Wilson. In order to verify the existence of such projections we prove certain properties of two particular quadratic forms using classical methods form number theory.
- Asymptotic Expansions for Dirichlet Series Associated to Cusp Forms (1998)
- We prove an asymptotic expansion of Riemann-Siegel type for Dirichlet series associated to cusp forms. Its derivation starts from a new integral formula for the Dirichlet series and uses sharp asymptotic expansions for partial sums of the Fourier series of the cusp form.
- Average densities and linear rectifiability of measures (1999)
- We show that a measure in a Euclidean space is linearly rectifiable if and only if the lower 1-density is positive and finite and agrees with the lower average 1-density almost everywhere.
- Brakhage's implicit iteration method and Information Complexity of equations with operators having closed range (1999)
- An a posteriori stopping rule connected with monitoringthe norm of second residual is introduced forBrakhage's implicit nonstationary iteration method, applied to ill-posed problems involving linear operatorswith closed range. It is also shown that for someclasses of equations with such operators the algorithmconsisting in combination of Brakhage's method withsome new discretization scheme is order optimal in the sense of Information Complexity.
- Calorische Restriktion und Lebenserwartung - Ein mathematisches Modell (2004)
- Caloric Restriction (CR) is the only intervention proven to retard aging and extend maximum lifespan in mammalians. A possible mechanism for the beneficial effects of CR is that the mild metabolic stress associated with CR induces cells to express stress proteins that increase their resistance to disease processes. In this article we therefore model the retardation of aging by dietary restriction within a mathematical framework. The resulting model comprises food intake, stress proteins, body growth and survival. We successfully applied our model to growth and survival data of mice exposed to different food levels.
- Clones preserving a quasi-order (1999)
- It is proved that if a finite non-trivial quasi-order is nota linear order then there exist continuum many clones, whichconsist of functions preserving the quasi-order and containall unary functions with this property. It is shown that, fora linear order on a three-element set, there are only 7 suchclones