Preprints (rote Reihe) des Fachbereich Mathematik
- yes (5) (remove)
- Morozov's Discrepancy Principle Under General Source Conditions (2002)
- In this paper we study linear ill-posed problems Ax = y in a Hilbert space setting where instead of exact data y noisy data y^delta are given satisfying |y - y^delta| <= delta with known noise level delta. Regularized approximations are obtained by a general regularization scheme where the regularization parameter is chosen from Morozov's discrepancy principle. Assuming the unknown solution belongs to some general source set M we prove that the regularized approximation provides order optimal error bounds on the set M. Our results cover the special case of finitely smoothing operators A and extends recent results for infinitely smoothing operators.
- Morozov's discrepancy principle for Tikhonov regularization of severely ill-posed problems in finite-dimensional subspaces (2000)
- Error estimates for band-limited spherical regularization wavelets in some inverse problems of satellite geodesy (1999)
- In this paper we discuss a special class of regularization methods for solving the satellite gravity gradiometry problem in a spherical framework based on band-limited spherical regularization wavelets. Considering such wavelets as a reesult of a combination of some regularization methods with Galerkin discretization based on the spherical harmonic system we obtain the error estimates of regularized solutions as well as the estimates for regularization parameters and parameters of band-limitation.
- Brakhage's implicit iteration method and Information Complexity of equations with operators having closed range (1999)
- An a posteriori stopping rule connected with monitoringthe norm of second residual is introduced forBrakhage's implicit nonstationary iteration method, applied to ill-posed problems involving linear operatorswith closed range. It is also shown that for someclasses of equations with such operators the algorithmconsisting in combination of Brakhage's method withsome new discretization scheme is order optimal in the sense of Information Complexity.
- On the efficient discretization of integral equations of the third kind (1998)
- We propose a new discretization scheme for solving ill-posed integral equations of the third kind. Combining this scheme with Morozov's discrepancy principle for Landweber iteration we show that for some classes of equations in such method a number of arithmetic operations of smaller order than in collocation method is required to appoximately solve an equation with the same accuracy.