Berichte der Arbeitsgruppe Technomathematik (AGTM Report)
Year of publication
- 1996 (3) (remove)
- Particle Methods for Evolution Equations (1996)
- Adaptive Load Balance Techniques in Parallel Rarefied Gas Simulations (1996)
- The paper presents some adaptive load balance techniques for the simulation of rarefied gas flows on parallel computers. It is shown that a static load balance is insufficient to obtain a scalable parallel efficiency. Hence, two adaptive techniques are investigated which are based on simple algorithms. Numerical results show that using heuristic techniques one can achieve a sufficiently high efficiency over a wide range of different hardware platforms.
- Some Estimates on the Boltzmann Collision Operator (1996)
- The paper presents some new estimates on the gain term of the Boltzmann collision operator. For Maxwellian molecules, it is shown that the L -norm of the gain term can be bounded in terms of the L1 and L -norm of the density function f. In the case of more general collision kernels, like the hard-sphere interaction potential, the gain term is estimated pointwise by the L -norm of the density function and the loss term of the Boltzmann collision operator.