Berichte der Arbeitsgruppe Technomathematik (AGTM Report)
- 1994 (5) (entfernen)
- Computation of Nonlinear Functionals in Particle Methods (1994)
- We consider the numerical computation of nonlinear functionals of distribution functions approximated by point measures. Two methods are described and estimates for the speed of convergence as the number of points tends to infinity are given. Moreover numerical results for the entropy functional are presented.
- On the Connection of the Formulae for Entropy and Stationary Distribution (1994)
- As it is well known in statistical physics the stationary distribution can be obtained by maximizing entropy. We show how one can reconstruct the formula for entropy knowing the formula for the stationary distribution. A general case is discussed and some concrete physical examples are considered.
- Domain Decomposition for Kinetic Problems with Nonequilibrium States (1994)
- A nonequilibrium situation governed by kinetic equations with strongly contrasted Knudsen numbers in different subdomains is discussed. We consider a domain decomposition problem for Boltzmann- and Euler equations, establish the correct coupling conditions and prove the validity of the obtained coupled solution. Moreover numerical examples comparing different types of coupling conditions are presented.
- A Numerical Method for Computing Asymptotic States and Outgoing Distributions for Kinetic Linear Half-Space Problems (1994)
- Linear half-space problems can be used to solve domain decomposition problems between Boltzmann and aerodynamic equations. A new fast numerical method computing the asymptotic states and outgoing distributions for a linearized BGK half-space problem is presented. Relations with the so-called variational methods are discussed. In particular, we stress the connection between these methods and Chapman-Enskog type expansions.
- Convergence of Alternating Domain Decomposition Schemes for Kinetic and Aerodynamic Equations (1994)
- A domain decomposition scheme linking linearized kinetic and aerodynamic equations is considered. Convergence of the alternating scheme is shown. Moreover the physical correctness of the obtained coupled solutions is discussed.