- 1998 (7) (entfernen)
- Wissenschaftlicher Artikel (7) (entfernen)
- Chaotic Wannier-Bloch resonance states (1998)
- The Wannier-Bloch resonance states are metastable states of a quantum particle in a space-periodic potential plus a homogeneous field. Here we analyze the states of quantum particle in space- and time-periodic potential. In this case the dynamics of the classical counterpart of the quantum system is either quasiregular or chaotic depending on the driving frequency. It is shown that both the quasiregular and the chaotic motion can also support quantum resonances. The relevance of the obtained result to the problem a of crystal electron under simultaneous influence of d.c. and a.c. electric fields is briefly discussed. PACS: 73.20Dx, 73.40Gk, 05.45.+b
- Lifetime statistics for a Bloch particle in ac and dc fields (1998)
- We study the statistics of the Wigner delay time and resonance width for a Bloch particle in ac and dc fields in the regime of quantum chaos. It is shown that after appropriate rescaling the distributions of these quantities have universal character predicted by the random matrix theory of chaotic scattering.
- Global and local dynamical invariants and quasienergy states of time-periodic Hamiltonians (1998)
- A formalism is developed for calculating the quasienergy states and spectrum for time-periodic quantum systems when a time-periodic dynamical invariant operator with a nondegenerate spectrum is known. The method, which circumvents the integration of the Schr-odinger equation, is applied to an integrable class of systems, where the global invariant operator is constructed. Furthermore, a local integrable approximation for more general non-integrable systems is developed. Numerical results are presented for the doubleresonance model.
- The 'Ermakov-Lewis' invariants for Coupled Linear Oscillators (1998)
- We consider N coupled linear oscillators with time-dependent coecients. An exact complex amplitude - real phase decomposition of the oscillatory motion is constructed. This decomposition is further used to derive N exact constants of motion which generalise the so-called Ermakov-Lewis invariant of a single oscillator. In the Floquet problem of periodic oscillator coecients we discuss the existence of periodic complex amplitude functions in terms of existing Floquet solutions.
- Semiclassical Quantization of a System with Mixed Regular/Chaotic Dynamics (1998)
- The quasienergy spectrum of a periodically driven quantum system is constructed from classical dynamics by means of the semiclassical initial value representation using coherent states. For the first time, this method is applied to explicitly time dependent systems. For an anharmonic oscillator system with mixed chaotic and regular classical dynamics, the entire quantum spectrum (both regular and chaotic states) is reproduced semiclassically with surprising accuracy. In particular, the method is capable to account for the very small tunneling splittings.
- Spin waves and magnetic anisotropy in ultrathin (111)-oriented cubic films (1998)
- The dispersions of dipolar (Damon-Eshbach modes) and exchange dominated spin waves are calculated for in-plane magnetized thin and ultrathin cubic films with (111) crystal orientation and the results are compared with those obtained for the other principal planes. The properties of these magnetic excitations are examined from the point of view of Brillouin light scattering experiments. Attention is paid to study the spin-wave frequency variation as a function of the magnetization direction in the film plane for different film thicknesses. Interface anisotropies and the bulk magnetocrystalline anisotropy are considered in the calculation. A quantitative comparison between an analytical expression obtained in the limit of small film thickness and wave vector and the full numerical calculation is given.