- Preprint (4) (remove)
- Mathematical Models for Vehicular Traffic (1995)
- This survey contains a description of different types of mathematical models used for the simulation of vehicular traffic. It includes models based on ordinary differential equations, fluid dynamic equations and on equations of kinetic type. Connections between the different types of models are mentioned. Particular emphasis is put on kinetic models and on simulation methods for these models.
- A Kinetic Model for Vehicular Traffic Derived from a Stochastic Microscopic Model (1995)
- A way to derive consistently kinetic models for vehicular traffic from microscopic follow the leader models is presented. The obtained class of kinetic equations is investigated. Explicit examples for kinetic models are developed with a particular emphasis on obtaining models, that give realistic results. For space homogeneous traffic flow situations numerical examples are given including stationary distributions and fundamental diagrams.
- Enskog-like kinetic models for vehicular traffic (1996)
- In the present paper a general criticism of kinetic equations for vehicular traffic is given. The necessity of introducing an Enskog-type correction into these equations is shown. An Enskog-line kinetic traffic flow equation is presented and fluid dynamic equations are derived. This derivation yields new coefficients for the standard fluid dynamic equations of vehicular traffic. Numerical simulations for inhomogeneous traffic flow situations are shown together with a comparison between kinetic and fluid dynamic models.