- Kinetic Schemes (2) (remove)
- On the Construction of Discrete Equilibrium Distributions for Kinetic Schemes (1999)
- A general approach to the construction of discrete equilibrium dis- tributions is presented. Such distribution functions can be used to set up Kinetic Schemes as well as Lattice Boltzmann methods. The general principles are also applied to the construction of Chapman Enskog dis- tributions which are used in Kinetic Schemes for compressible Navier Stokes equations.
- A new discrete velocity method for Navier-Stokes equations (1999)
- The relation between the Lattice Boltzmann Method, which has re- cently become popular, and the Kinetic Schemes, which are routinely used in Computational Fluid Dynamics, is explored. A new discrete velocity model for the numerical solution of Navier-Stokes equations for incom- pressible uid ow is presented by combining both the approaches. The new scheme can be interpreted as a pseudo-compressibility method and, for a particular choice of parameters, this interpretation carries over to the Lattice Boltzmann Method.