- Force-Torque (4) (remove)
- Manipulating Deformable Linear Objects: Characteristics in Force Signals for Detecting Contact State Transitions (2001)
- This paper deals with the handling of deformable linear objects (DLOs), such as hoses, wires or leaf springs. It investigates the a priori knowledge about the 6-dimensional force/torque signal for a changing contact situation between a DLO and a rigid polyhedral obstacle. The result is a complete list, containing for each contact change the most significant combination of force/torque signal components together with a description of the expected signal curve. This knowledge enables the reliable detection of changes in the DLO contact situation and with it the implementation of sensor-based manipulation skills for all possible contact changes.
- Handhabung deformierbarer linearer Objekte: Programmierung mit verschiedenen Manipulation-Skills (2002)
- Diese Arbeit beschreibt verschiedene Bewegungsprimitive zur Lösung einiger häufig auftre-tender Probleme bei der Handhabung von deformierbaren linearen Objekten. Anhand der beispielhaften Montage einer Feder wird die Nützlichkeit der verschiedenen Manipulation-Skills im einzelnen, aber auch deren Kombination dargestellt.
- Manipulating Deformable Linear Objects: Manipulation Skill for Active Damping of Oscillations (2002)
- While handling deformable linear objects (DLOs), such as hoses, wires or leaf springs, with an industrial robot at high speed, unintended and undesired oscillations that delay further operations may occur. This paper analyzes oscillations based on a simple model with one degree of freedom (DOF) and presents a method for active open-loop damping. Different ways to interpret an oscillating DLO as a system with 1 DOF lead to translational and rotational adjustment motions. Both were implemented as a manipulation skill with a sepa-rate program that can be executed immediately after any robot motion. We showed how these manipulation skills can generate the needed adjustment motions automatically based on the readings of a wrist-mounted force/torque sensor. Experiments demonstrated the effectiveness under various conditions.
- Manipulating Deformable Linear Objects: Programming using Different Manipulation Skills (2003)
- This paper describes motion primitives which solve some common recurrent problems encountered when manipulating deformable linear objects. As one example for the usefulness of these manipulations skills, the mounting of a leaf spring is presented here.