- Sigma models with A_k singularities in Euclidean spacetime of dimension 0<=D<4 and in the limit N->infinity (1996)
- For the case of the single-O(N)-vector linear sigma models the critical behaviour following from any A_k singularity in the action is worked out in the double scaling limit N->infinity, f_r -> f_r^c, 2 <= r <= k. After an exact elimination of Gaussian degrees of freedom, the critical objects such as coupling constants, indices and susceptibility matrix are derived for all A_k and spacetime dimensions 0 <= D <= 4. There appear exceptional spacetime dimensions where the degree k of the singularity A_k is more strongly constrained than by the renormalizability requirement.
- Is it possible to construct exactly solvable models? (1998)
- Abstract: We develop a constructive method to derive exactly solvable quantum mechanical models of rational (Calogero) and trigonometric (Sutherland) type. This method starts from a linear algebra problem: finding eigenvectors of triangular finite matrices. These eigenvectors are transcribed into eigenfunctions of a selfadjoint Schrödinger operator. We prove the feasibility of our method by constructing an " AG_3 model" of trigonometric type (the rational case was known before from Wolfes 1975). Applying a Coxeter group analysis we prove its equivalence with the B_3 model. In order to better understand features of our construction we exhibit the F_4 rational model with our method.
- Conformal partial wave analysis of AdS amplitudes for dilaton-axion four-point functions (2001)
- Abstract: Operator product expansions are applied to dilaton-axion four-point functions. In the expansions of the bilocal fields "doubble Phi", CC and "Phi"C, the conformal fields which are symmetric traceless tensors of rank l and have dimensions "delta" = 2+l or 8+l+ "eta"(l) and "eta"(l) = O(N ^ -2) are identified. The unidentified field have dimension "delta" = "lambda"+l+eta(l) with "lambda" >= 10. The anomalous dimensions eta(l) are calculated at order O(N ^ -2) for both 2 ^ -1/2(-"doubble Phi" + CC) and 2 ^ -1/2(-"Phi"C + C"Phi") and are found to be the same, proving U(1)_Y symmetry. The relevant coupling constants are given at order O(1).
- AdS Box Graphs, Unitarity and Operator Product Expansions (2000)
- Abstract: We develop a method of singularity analysis for conformal graphs which, in particular, is applicable to the holographic image of AdS supergravity theory. It can be used to determine the critical exponents for any such graph in a given channel. These exponents determine the towers of conformal blocks that are exchanged in this channel. We analyze the scalar AdS box graph and show that it has the same critical exponents as the corresponding CFT box graph. Thus pairs of external fields couple to the same exchanged conformal blocks in both theories. This is looked upon as a general structural argument supporting the Maldacena hypothesis.