- Preprint (2) (remove)
- combinatorial optimization (2) (remove)
- Generalized Multiple Objective Bottleneck Problems (2010)
- We consider multiple objective combinatiorial optimization problems in which the first objective is of arbitrary type and the remaining objectives are either bottleneck or k-max objective functions. While the objective value of a bottleneck objective is determined by the largest cost value of any element in a feasible solution, the kth-largest element defines the objective value of the k-max objective. An efficient solution approach for the generation of the complete nondominated set is developed which is independent of the specific combinatiorial problem at hand. This implies a polynomial time algorithm for several important problem classes like shortest paths, spanning tree, and assignment problems with bottleneck objectives which are known to be NP-hard in the general multiple objective case.
- On a Cardinality Constrained Multicriteria Knapsack Problem (2011)
- We consider a variant of a knapsack problem with a fixed cardinality constraint. There are three objective functions to be optimized: one real-valued and two integer-valued objectives. We show that this problem can be solved efficiently by a local search. The algorithm utilizes connectedness of a subset of feasible solutions and has optimal run-time.