- A flexible approach to location problems (1999)
- In continous location problems we are given a set of existing facilities and we are looking for the location of one or several new facilities. In the classical approaches weights are assigned to existing facilities expressing the importance of the new facilities for the existing ones. In this paper, we consider a pointwise defined objective function where the weights are assigned to the existing facilities depending on the location of the new facility. This approach is shown to be a generalization of the median, center and centdian objective functions. In addition, this approach allows to formulate completely new location models. Efficient algorithms as well as structure results for this algebraic approach for location problems are presented. Extensions to the multifacility and restricted case are also considered.
- General Continuous Multicriteria Location Problems (1999)
- In this paper we deal with the determination of the whole set of Pareto-solutions of location problems with respect to Q general criteria. These criteria include as particular instances median, center or cent-dian objective functions. The paper characterizes the set of Pareto-solutions of all these multicriteria problems. An efficient algorithm for the planar case is developed and its complexity is established. the proposed approach is more general than the previously published approaches to multicriteria location problems and includes almost all of them as particular instances.
- Geometrical properties of generalized single facility location problems (2000)
- In this paper we deal with single facility location problems in a general normed space where the existing facilities are represented by sets. The criterion to be satis ed by the service facility is the minimization of an increasing function of the distances from the service to the closest point ofeach demand set. We obtain a geometrical characterization of the set of optimal solutions for this problem. Two remarkable cases - the classical Weber problem and the minmax problem with demand sets - are studied as particular instances of our problem. Finally, for the planar polyhedral case we give an algorithmic description of the solution set of the considered problems.
- Multicriteria Ordered Weber Problems (1999)
- In this paper we deal with the determination of the whole set of Pareto-solutions of location problems with respect to Q general criteria.These criteria include median, center or cent-dian objective functions as particular instances.The paper characterizes the set of Pareto-solutions of a these multicriteria problems. An efficient algorithm for the planar case is developed and its complexity is established. Extensions to higher dimensions as well as to the non-convexcase are also considered.The proposed approach is more general than the previously published approaches to multi-criteria location problems and includes almost all of them as particular instances.