- yes (3) (remove)
- Error estimates for band-limited spherical regularization wavelets in some inverse problems of satellite geodesy (1999)
- In this paper we discuss a special class of regularization methods for solving the satellite gravity gradiometry problem in a spherical framework based on band-limited spherical regularization wavelets. Considering such wavelets as a reesult of a combination of some regularization methods with Galerkin discretization based on the spherical harmonic system we obtain the error estimates of regularized solutions as well as the estimates for regularization parameters and parameters of band-limitation.
- Morozov's discrepancy principle for Tikhonov regularization of severely ill-posed problems in finite-dimensional subspaces (2000)
- On the adaptive selection of the parameter in regularization of ill-posed problems (2003)
- We study a possiblity to use the structure of the regularization error for a posteriori choice of the regularization parameter. As a result, a rather general form of a selection criterion is proposed, and its relation to the heuristical quasi-optimality principle of Tikhonov and Glasko (1964), and to an adaptation scheme proposed in a statistical context by Lepskii (1990), is discussed. The advantages of the proposed criterion are illustrated by using such examples as self-regularization of the trapezoidal rule for noisy Abel-type integral equations, Lavrentiev regularization for non-linear ill-posed problems and an inverse problem of the two-dimensional profile reconstruction.