- Englisch (23) (entfernen)
- Model Existence for Higher Order Logic (1997)
- In this paper we provide a semantical meta-theory that will support the development of higher-order calculi for automated theorem proving like the corresponding methodology has in first-order logic. To reach this goal, we establish classes of models that adequately characterize the existing theorem-proving calculi, that is, so that they are sound and complete to these calculi, and a standard methodology of abstract consistency methods (by providing the necessary model existence theorems) needed to analyze completeness of machine-oriented calculi.
- Higher-Order Automated Theorem Proving for Natural Language Semantics (1998)
- This paper describes a tableau-based higher-order theorem prover HOT and an application to natural language semantics. In this application, HOT is used to prove equivalences using world knowledge during higher-order unification (HOU). This extended form of HOU is used to compute the licensing conditions for corrections.
- Omega: Towards a Mathematical Assistant (1999)
- -mega is a mixed-initiative system with the ultimate pur-pose of supporting theorem proving in main-stream mathematics andmathematics education. The current system consists of a proof plannerand an integrated collection of tools for formulating problems, provingsubproblems, and proof presentation.