- Case Based Reasoning (2) (entfernen)
- INRECA - A Seamless Integration of Induction and Case-Based Reasoning for Decision Support Tasks (1995)
- We propose an integrated approach to decision support and diagnostic problems based on top-down induction of decision trees (TDIDT) and case-based reasoning (CBR).
- Case-Based Reasoning for Decision Support and Diagnostic Problem Solving: The INRECA Approach (1995)
- INRECA offers tools and methods for developing, validating, and maintaining decision support systems. INRECA's basic technologies are inductive and case-based reasoning, namely KATE -INDUCTION (cf., e.g., Manago, 1989; Manago, 1990) and S3-CASE, a software product based on PATDEX (cf., e.g., Wess,1991; Richter & Wess, 1991; Althoff & Wess, 1991). Induction extracts decision knowledge from case databases. It brings to light patterns among cases and helps monitoring trends over time. Case-based rea -soning relates the engineer's current problem to past experiences.