- Wissenschaftlicher Artikel (2) (entfernen)
- mathematical modeling (2) (entfernen)
- A Model for the Cloudiness of Fabrics (1995)
- Cloudy inhomogenities in artificial fabrics are graded by a fast method which is based on a Laplacian pyramid decomposition of the fabric image. This band-pass representation takes into account the scale character of the cloudiness. A quality measure of the entire cloudiness is obtained as a weighted mean over the variances of all scales.
- A Mathematical Model for Diffusion and Exchange Phenomena in Ultra Napkins (1992)
- The performance of napkins is nowadays improved substantially by embedding granules of a superabsorbent into the cellulose matrix. In this paper a continuous model for the liquid transport in such an Ultra Napkin is proposed. Its mean feature is a nonlinear diffusion equation strongly coupled with an ODE describing a reversible absorbtion process. An efficient numerical method based on a symmetrical time splitting and a finite difference scheme of ADI-predictor-corrector type has been developed to solve these equations in a three dimensional setting. Numerical results are presented that can be used to optimize the granule distribution.