Faculty / Organisational entity
- Fachbereich Mathematik (2) (remove)
- A Singular-Perturbed Two-Phase Stefan Problem Due to Slow Diffusion (1999)
- The asymptotic behaviour of a singular-perturbed two-phase Stefan problem due to slow diffusion in one of the two phases is investigated. In the limit the model equations reduce to a one-phase Stefan problem. A boundary layer at the moving interface makes it necessary to use a corrected interface condition obtained from matched asymptotic expansions. The approach is validated by numerical experiments using a front-tracking method.
- On a Recursive Approximation of Singularity Perturbed Parabolic Equations (extended version) (1999)
- The asymptotic analysis of IBVPs for the singularly perturbed parabolic PDE ... in the limit epsilon to zero motivate investigations of certain recursively defined approximative series ("ping-pong expansions"). The recursion formulae rely on operators assigning to a boundary condition at the left or the right boundary a solution of the parabolic PDE. Sufficient conditions for uniform convergence of ping-pong expansions are derived and a detailed analysis for the model problem ... is given.