- 2007 (3) (entfernen)
- On Geometric Ergodicity of CHARME Models (2007)
- In this paper we consider a CHARME Model, a class of generalized mixture of nonlinear nonparametric AR-ARCH time series. We apply the theory of Markov models to derive asymptotic stability of this model. Indeed, the goal is to provide some sets of conditions under which our model is geometric ergodic and therefore satisfies some mixing conditions. This result can be considered as the basis toward an asymptotic theory for our model.
- A note on the identifiability of the conditional expectation for the mixtures of neural networks (2007)
- We consider a generalized mixture of nonlinear AR models, a hidden Markov model for which the autoregressive functions are single layer feedforward neural networks. The non trivial problem of identifiability, which is usually postulated for hidden Markov models, is addressed here.
- Quantile Sieve Estimates for Time Series (2007)
- We consider the problem of estimating the conditional quantile of a time series at time \(t\) given observations of the same and perhaps other time series available at time \(t-1\). We discuss sieve estimates which are a nonparametric versions of the Koenker-Bassett regression quantiles and do not require the specification of the innovation law. We prove consistency of those estimates and illustrate their good performance for light- and heavy-tailed distributions of the innovations with a small simulation study. As an economic application, we use the estimates for calculating the value at risk of some stock price series.