- English (3) (remove)
- praxisorientiert (3) (remove)
- Linear Optimization in School Mathematics (2003)
- Linear Optimization is an important area from applied mathematics. A lot of practical problems can be modelled and solved with this technique. This publication shall help to introduce this topic to pupils. The process of modelling, the reduction of problems to their significant attributes shall be described. The linear programms will be solved by using the simplex method. Many examples illustrate the topic.
- Bills of material and linear algebra (2003)
- This publication tries to develop mathematical subjects for school from realistic problems. The center of this report are business planning and decision problems which occur in almost all companies. The main topics are: Calculation of raw material demand for given orders, consumption of existing stock and the lot sizing.
- Locational planning in the Mathematics Curriculum of High Schools (2002)
- Dealing with problems from locational planning in schools can enrich the mathematical education. In this report we describe planar locational problems which can be used in mathematical lessons. The problems production of a semiconductor plate, design of a fire brigade building and the warehouse problem are from real-world. The problems are worked out detailed so that the usage for school lessons is possible.