- Englisch (2) (entfernen)
- location theory (2) (entfernen)
- The Multi Terminal q-FlowLoc Problem: A Heuristic (2011)
- In this paper the multi terminal q-FlowLoc problem (q-MT-FlowLoc) is introduced. FlowLoc problems combine two well-known modeling tools: (dynamic) network flows and locational analysis. Since the q-MT-FlowLoc problem is NP-hard we give a mixed integer programming formulation and propose a heuristic which obtains a feasible solution by calculating a maximum flow in a special graph H. If this flow is also a minimum cost flow, various versions of the heuristic can be obtained by the use of different cost functions. The quality of this solutions is compared.
- Stop Location Design in Public Transportation Networks: Covering and Accessibility Objectives (2006)
- In StopLoc we consider the location of new stops along the edges of an existing public transportation network. Examples of StopLoc include the location of bus stops along some given bus routes or of railway stations along the tracks in a railway system. In order to measure the ''convenience'' of the location decision for potential customers in given demand facilities, two objectives are proposed. In the first one, we give an upper bound on reaching a closest station from any of the demand facilities and minimize the number of stations. In the second objective, we fix the number of new stations and minimize the sum of the distances between demand facilities and stations. The resulting two problems CovStopLoc and AccessStopLoc are solved by a reduction to a classical set covering and a restricted location problem, respectively. We implement the general ideas in two different environments - the plane, where demand facilities are represented by coordinates and in networks, where they are nodes of a graph.