- Preprint (2) (entfernen)
- network flows (2) (entfernen)
- Multiple Objective Minimum Cost Flow Problems: A Review (2005)
- In this paper, theory and algorithms for solving the multiple objective minimum cost flow problem are reviewed. For both the continuous and integer case exact and approximation algorithms are presented. In addition, a section on compromise solutions summarizes corresponding results. The reference list consists of all papers known to the autheors which deal with the multiple objective minimum cost flow problem.
- Semi-Simultaneous Flows and Binary Constrained (Integer) Linear Programs (2006)
- Linear and integer programs are considered whose coefficient matrices can be partitioned into K consecutive ones matrices. Mimicking the special case of K=1 which is well-known to be equivalent to a network flow problem we show that these programs can be transformed to a generalized network flow problem which we call semi-simultaneous (se-sim) network flow problem. Feasibility conditions for se-sim flows are established and methods for finding initial feasible se-sim flows are derived. Optimal se-sim flows are characterized by a generalization of the negative cycle theorem for the minimum cost flow problem. The issue of improving a given flow is addressed both from a theoretical and practical point of view. The paper concludes with a summary and some suggestions for possible future work in this area.