- Englisch (2) (entfernen)
- Particle Methods (2) (entfernen)
- Boltzmann Simulation by Particle Methods (1994)
- Particle methods to simulate rarefied gas flows have found an increasing interest in Computational Fluid Dynamics during the last decade, see for example , ,  and . The general goal is to develop numerical schemes which are reliable enough to substitute real windtunnel experiments, needed for example in space research, by computer experiments. In order to achieve this goal one needs numerical methods solving the Boltzmann equation including all important physical effects. In general this means 3D computations for a chemically reacting rarefied gas. With codes of this kind at hand, Boltzmann simulation becomes a powerful tool in studying rarefied gas phenomena.
- Particle Methods: Theory and Applications (1995)
- In the present paper a review on particle methods and their applications to evolution equations is given. In particular, particle methods for Euler- and Boltzmann equations are considered.