- 1996 (3) (entfernen)
- Planning for Manufacturing Workpieces by Storing, Indexing and Replaying Planning Decisions (1996)
- Planning for manufacturing workpieces is a complex task that requires the interaction of a domain-specific reasoner and a generic planning mechanism. In this paper we present an architecture for organizing the case base that is based on the information provided by a generic problem solver. A retrieval procedure is then presented that uses the information provided by the domain-specific reasoner in order to improve the accuracy of the cases retrieved. However, it is not realistic to suppose that the case retrieved will entirely fit into the new problem. We present a replay procedure to obtain a partial solution that replays not only the valid decisions taken for solving the case, but also justifications of rejected decisions made during the problem solving process. As a result, those completion alternatives of the partial solution are discarded that are already known to be invalid from the case.
- Complete Eager Replay (1996)
- We present an algorithm for completely replaying previous problem solving experiences for plan-space planners. In our approach not only the solution trace is replayed, but also the explanations of failed attempts made by the first-principle planner. In this way, the capability of refitting previous solutions into new problems is improved.
- Feature Weighting by Explaining Case-Based Problem Solving Episodes (1996)
- We present a similarity criterion based on feature weighting. Feature weights are recomputed dynamically according to the performance of cases during problem solving episodes. We will also present a novel algorithm to analyze and explain the performance of the retrieved cases and to determine the features whose weights need to be recomputed. We will perform experiments and show that the integration in a feature weighting model of our similarity criterion with our analysis algorithm improves the adaptability of the retrieved cases by converging to best weights for the features over a period of multiple problem solving episodes.