- 1997 (3) (entfernen)
- A quantum/classical entropy concept for measuring phase-space localization (1997)
- We present an entropy concept measuring phase-space localization in dynamical systems based on time-averaged phase-space densities. This entropy has a direct classical counterpart; its local scaling with ln _h.
- Resonances from short time complex-scaled cross-correlation probability amplitudes by the Filter-Diagonalization Method (1997)
- The Filter-Diagonalization Method is used to ,nd the broad and even overlapping resonances of a 1D Hamiltonian used before as a test model for new resonance theories and computational methods. It is found that the use of several complex-scaled cross-correlation probability amplitudes from short time propagation enables the calculation of broad overlapping resonances, which can not be resolved from the amplitude of a single complex-scaled autocorrelation calculation.
- Semiclassical analysis of tunneling splittings in periodically driven quantum systems (1997)
- For periodically driven systems, quantum tunneling between classical resonant stability islands in phase space separated by invariant KAM curves or chaotic regions manifests itself by oscillatory motion of wave packets centered on such an island, by multiplet splittings of the quasienergy spectrum, and by phase space localisation of the quasienergy states on symmetry related ,ux tubes. Qualitatively di,erent types of classical resonant island formation | due to discrete symmetries of the system | and their quantum implications are analysed by a (uniform) semiclassical theory. The results are illustrated by a numerical study of a driven non-harmonic oscillator.