- 1999 (8) (entfernen)
- Periodic Bounce for Nucleation Rate at Finite Temperature in Minisuperspace Models (1999)
- Abstract: The periodic bounce configurations responsible for quantum tunneling are obtained explicitly and are extended to the finite energy case for minisuperspace models of the Universe. As a common feature of the tunneling models at finite energy considered here we observe that the period of the bounce increases with energy monotonically. The periodic bounces do not have bifurcations and make no contribution to the nucleation rate except the one with zero energy. The sharp first order phase transition from quantum tunneling to thermal activation is verified with the general criterions.
- Macroscopic Quantum Coherence in Small Antiferromagnetic Particle and the Quantum Interference Effects (1999)
- Starting from the Hamiltonian operator of the noncompensated two-sublattice model of a small antiferromagnetic particle, we derive the e effective Lagrangian of a biaxial antiferromagnetic particle in an external magnetic field with the help of spin-coherent-state path integrals. Two unequal level-shifts induced by tunneling through two types of barriers are obtained using the instanton method. The energy spectrum is found from Bloch theory regarding the periodic potential as a superlattice. The external magnetic field indeed removes Kramers' degeneracy, however a new quenching of the energy splitting depending on the applied magnetic field is observed for both integer and half-integer spins due to the quantum interference between transitions through two types of barriers.
- Particle with torsion on 3d null-curves (1999)
- We consider a (2 + 1)-dimensional mechanical system with the Lagrangian linear in the torsion of a light-like curve. We give Hamiltonian formulation of this system and show that its mass and spin spectra are defined by one-dimensional nonrelativistic mechanics with a cubic potential. Consequently, this system possesses the properties typical of resonance-like particles.
- On Different Formulations of Chiral Bosons (1999)
- It is shown, that recently constructed PST Lagrangians for chiral supergravities follow directly from earlier Kavalov-Mkrtchyan Lagrangians by an Ansatz for the ' tensor by expressing this in terms of the PST scalar. The susy algebra which included earlier ff-symmetry in the commutator of supersymmetry transformations, is now shown to include both PST symmetries, which arise from the single ff-symmetry term. The Lagrangian for the 5-brane is not described by this correspondence, and probably can be obtained from more general Lagrangians, posessing ff-symmetry.