- 1999 (5) (entfernen)
- On Different Formulations of Chiral Bosons (1999)
- It is shown, that recently constructed PST Lagrangians for chiral supergravities follow directly from earlier Kavalov-Mkrtchyan Lagrangians by an Ansatz for the ' tensor by expressing this in terms of the PST scalar. The susy algebra which included earlier ff-symmetry in the commutator of supersymmetry transformations, is now shown to include both PST symmetries, which arise from the single ff-symmetry term. The Lagrangian for the 5-brane is not described by this correspondence, and probably can be obtained from more general Lagrangians, posessing ff-symmetry.
- Particle with torsion on 3d null-curves (1999)
- We consider a (2 + 1)-dimensional mechanical system with the Lagrangian linear in the torsion of a light-like curve. We give Hamiltonian formulation of this system and show that its mass and spin spectra are defined by one-dimensional nonrelativistic mechanics with a cubic potential. Consequently, this system possesses the properties typical of resonance-like particles.
- Macroscopic Quantum Coherence in Small Antiferromagnetic Particle and the Quantum Interference Effects (1999)
- Starting from the Hamiltonian operator of the noncompensated two-sublattice model of a small antiferromagnetic particle, we derive the e effective Lagrangian of a biaxial antiferromagnetic particle in an external magnetic field with the help of spin-coherent-state path integrals. Two unequal level-shifts induced by tunneling through two types of barriers are obtained using the instanton method. The energy spectrum is found from Bloch theory regarding the periodic potential as a superlattice. The external magnetic field indeed removes Kramers' degeneracy, however a new quenching of the energy splitting depending on the applied magnetic field is observed for both integer and half-integer spins due to the quantum interference between transitions through two types of barriers.