Faculty / Organisational entity
- Fraunhofer (ITWM) (2) (remove)
- On the Analysis of Spatial Binary Images (1999)
- This paper deals with the characterization of microscopically heterogeneous, but macroscopically homogeneous spatial structures. A new method is presented which is strictly based on integral-geometric formulae such as Crofton's intersection formulae and Hadwiger's recursive de nition of the Euler number. The corresponding algorithms have clear advantages over other techniques. As an example of application we consider the analysis of spatial digital images produced by means of Computer Assisted Tomo- graphy.
- Efficient Texture Analysis of Binary Images (1998)
- A new method of determining some characteristics of binary images is proposed based on a special linear filtering. This technique enables the estimation of the area fraction, the specific line length, and the specific integral of curvature. Furthermore, the specific length of the total projection is obtained, which gives detailed information about the texture of the image. The influence of lateral and directional resolution depending on the size of the applied filter mask is discussed in detail. The technique includes a method of increasing directional resolution for texture analysis while keeping lateral resolution as high as possible.