Year of publication
- 1999 (7) (remove)
- Mode beating of spin wave beams in ferrimagnetic Lu2.04Bi0.96Fe5O12 films (1999)
- Absract: We report on measurements of the two-dimensional intensity distribtion of linear and non-linear spin wave excitations in a LuBiFeO film. The spin wave intensity was detected with a high-resolution Brillouinlight scatteringspectroscopy setup. The observed snake-like structure of the spin wave intensity distribution is understood as a mode beating between modes with different lateral spin wave intensity distributions. The theoretical treatment of the linear regime is performed analytically, whereas the propagation of non-linear spin waves is simulated by a numerical solution of a non-linear Schrödinger equation with suitable boundary conditions.
- Epitaxial growth of metastable Pd(001) on bcc-Fe(001) (1999)
- Epitaxial growth of metastable Pd(001) at high deposition temperatures up to a critical thickness of 6 monolayers on bcc-Fe(001) is reported, the critical thickness being depending dramatically on the deposition temperature. For larger thicknesses the Pd film undergoes a roughening transition with strain relaxation by forming a top polycrystalline layer. These results allow to make a correlation between previ-ously reported unusual magnetic properties of Fe/Pd double layers and the crystallographic structure of the Pd overlayer.
- Spin dynamics in magnetic films patterned into dots and wires (1999)
- An experimental study of spin wave quantization in arrays of micron size magnetic Ni80Fe20 islands (dots and wires) by means of Brillouin light scattering spectroscopy is reported. Dipolar-dominated spin wave modes laterally quantized in a single island with quantized wavevector values determined by the size of the island are studied. In the case of wires the frequencies of the modes and the transferred wavevector interval, where each mode is observed, are calculated. The results of the calculations are in a good agreement with the experimental data. In the case of circular dots the frequencies of the lowest observed modes decrease with increasing distance between the dots, thus indicating an essential dynamic magnetic dipole interaction between the dots with small interdot distances.
- Quantized spin wave modes in micron size magnetic discs (1999)
- We report on the observation of spin wave quantization in tangentially magnetized Ni80Fe20 discs by means of Brillouin light scattering spectroscopy. For a large wave vector interval several discrete, dispersionless modes with a frequency splitting up to 2.5 GHz were observed. The modes are identified as being magne-tostatic surface spin wave modes quantized by their lateral confinement in the disc. For the lowest modes dynamic magnetic dipolar coupling between the discs is found for a disc spacing of 0.1microm.
- Growth and Magnetic Properties of Fe films on vicinal to (001) substrates (1999)
- We report on investigations of the crystallographic structure and the magnetic anisotropies of epitaxial iron films deposited onto periodically stepped Ag(001) surfaces using low energy electron diffraction, x-ray diffraction, second harmonic generation (SHG), as well as the Brillouin light scattering (BLS) technique. The focus of the present study lies on the interrelation between the surface morphology of the buffer layers and the magnetic properties of the Fe films, epitaxially grown onto them. Especially the symmetry breaking at the atomic steps is found to create an uniaxial magnetic anisotropy measured by BLS and a very strong anisotropic signal in magnetic SHG.