Faculty / Organisational entity
- Fraunhofer (ITWM) (2) (remove)
- A hierarchy of models for multilane vehicular traffic PART I: Modeling (1998)
- In the present paper multilane models for vehicular traffic are considered. A microscopic multilane model based on reaction thresholds is developed. Based on this model an Enskog like kinetic model is developed. In particular, care is taken to incorporate the correlations between the vehicles. From the kinetic model a fluid dynamic model is derived. The macroscopic coefficients are deduced from the underlying kinetic model. Numerical simulations are presented for all three levels of description in . Moreover, a comparison of the results is given there.
- A hierarchy of models for multilane vehicular traffic PART II: Numerical and stochastic investigations (1998)
- In this paper the work presented in  is continued. The present paper contains detailed numerical investigations of the models developed there. A numerical method to treat the kinetic equations obtained in  are presented and results of the simulations are shown. Moreover, the stochastic correlation model used in  is described and investigated in more detail.