Fachbereich / Organisatorische Einheit
- Fachbereich Mathematik (2) (entfernen)
- 1998 (2) (entfernen)
- An adaptive domain decomposition procedure for Boltzmann and Euler equations (1998)
- In this paper we present a domain decomposition approach for the coupling of Boltzmann and Euler equations. Particle methods are used for both equations. This leads to a simple implementation of the coupling procedure and to natural interface conditions between the two domains. Adaptive time and space discretizations and a direct coupling procedure leads to considerable gains in CPU time compared to a solution of the full Boltzmann equation. Several test cases involving a large range of Knudsen numbers are numerically investigated.
- A kinetic model for vehicular traffic: Existence of stationary solutions (1998)
- In this paper the kinetic model for vehicular traffic developed in [3,4] is considered and theoretical results for the space homogeneous kinetic equation are presented. Existence and uniqueness results for the time dependent equation are stated. An investigation of the stationary equation leads to a boundary value problem for an ordinary differential equation. Existence of the solution and some properties are proved. A numerical investigation of the stationary equation is included.