Fachbereich / Organisatorische Einheit
- Fachbereich Mathematik (4) (entfernen)
- 1995 (4) (entfernen)
- Asymptotic-Induced Domain Decomposition Methods for Kinetic and Drift Diffusion Semiconductor Equations (1995)
- This paper deals with domain decomposition methods for kinetic and drift diffusion semiconductor equations. In particular accurate coupling conditions at the interface between the kinetic and drift diffusion domain are given. The cases of slight and strong nonequilibrium situations at the interface are considered and some numerical examples are shown.
- A Kinetic Model for Vehicular Traffic Derived from a Stochastic Microscopic Model (1995)
- A way to derive consistently kinetic models for vehicular traffic from microscopic follow the leader models is presented. The obtained class of kinetic equations is investigated. Explicit examples for kinetic models are developed with a particular emphasis on obtaining models, that give realistic results. For space homogeneous traffic flow situations numerical examples are given including stationary distributions and fundamental diagrams.
- Particle Methods: Theory and Applications (1995)
- In the present paper a review on particle methods and their applications to evolution equations is given. In particular, particle methods for Euler- and Boltzmann equations are considered.
- Mathematical Models for Vehicular Traffic (1995)
- This survey contains a description of different types of mathematical models used for the simulation of vehicular traffic. It includes models based on ordinary differential equations, fluid dynamic equations and on equations of kinetic type. Connections between the different types of models are mentioned. Particular emphasis is put on kinetic models and on simulation methods for these models.