Faculty / Organisational entity
- Fachbereich Mathematik (2) (remove)
- Particle Methods: Theory and Applications (1995)
- In the present paper a review on particle methods and their applications to evolution equations is given. In particular, particle methods for Euler- and Boltzmann equations are considered.
- Transition from Kinetic Theory to Macroscopic Fluid Equations: A Problem fo Domain Decomposition and a Source for New Algorithms (1999)
- In the paper we discuss the transition from kinetic theory to macroscopic fluid equations, where the macroscopic equations are defined as aymptotic limits of a kinetic equation. This relation can be used to derive computationally efficient domain decomposition schemes for the simulaion of rarefied gas flows close to the continuum limit. Moreover, we present some basic ideas for the derivation of kinetic induced numerical schemes for macroscopic equations, namely kinetic schemes for general conservation laws as well as Lattice-Boltzmann methods for the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations.