Fachbereich / Organisatorische Einheit
- Fachbereich Mathematik (2) (entfernen)
- A kinetic model for vehicular traffic: Existence of stationary solutions (1998)
- In this paper the kinetic model for vehicular traffic developed in [3,4] is considered and theoretical results for the space homogeneous kinetic equation are presented. Existence and uniqueness results for the time dependent equation are stated. An investigation of the stationary equation leads to a boundary value problem for an ordinary differential equation. Existence of the solution and some properties are proved. A numerical investigation of the stationary equation is included.
- Uniform Stability of a Finite Difference Scheme for Transport Equations in Diffusive Regimes (2000)
- An asymptotic preserving numerical scheme (with respect to diffusion scalings) for a linear transport equation is investigated. The scheme is adopted from a class of recently developped schemes. Stability is proven uniformly in the mean free path under a CFL type condition turning into a parabolic CFL condition in the diffusion limit.