Year of publication
- 1998 (5) (remove)
- An exactly solvable model of the Calogero type for the icosahedral group (1998)
- We construct a quantum mechanical model of the Calogero type for the icosahedral group as the structural group. Exact solvability is proved and the spectrum is derived explicitly.
- Is it possible to construct exactly solvable models? (1998)
- We develop a constructive method to derive exactly solvable quantum mechanical models of rational (Calogero) and trigonometric (Sutherland) type. This method starts from a linear algebra problem: finding eigenvectors of triangular finite matrices. These eigenvectors are transcribed into eigenfunctions of a selfadjoint Schrödinger operator. We prove the feasibility of our method by constructing a new "\(AG_3\) model" of trigonometric type (the rational case was known before from Wolfes 1975). Applying a Coxeter group analysis we prove its equivalence with the \(B_3\) model. In order to better understand features of our construction we exhibit the \(F_4\) rational model with our method.
- Remarks on 'Coloring Random Triangulation' (1998)
- We transform the two-matrix model, studied by P.Di Francesco and al., into a normal one-matrix model by identifying a 'formal' integral used by these authors as a proper integral. We show also, using their method, that the results obtained for the resolvent and the density are not reliable.
- The Continuous Series of Critical Points of the Two-Matrix Model at N -> infinity in the Double Scaling Limit (1998)
- The critical points of the continuous series are characterized by two complex numbers l_1,l_2 (Re(l_1,l_2)< 0), and a natural number n (n>=3) which enters the string susceptibility constant through gamma = -2/(n-1). The critical potentials are analytic functions with a convergence radius depending on l_1 or l_2. We use the orthogonal polynomial method and solve the Schwinger-Dyson equations with a technique borrowed from conformal field theory.
- Construction of exactly solvable quantum models of Calogero and Sutherland type with translation invariant four-particle interactions (1998)
- We construct exactly solvable models for four particles moving on a real line or on a circle with translation invariant two- and four-particle interactions.